Helambu is popular among trekkers for its scenic grandeur & pleasant & favorable climate, located about 72 kilometers northeast of Kathmandu, is extending from north of Taramarang to the tree limit of the Gosainkunda Lake and lower slopes of Jugal Himal. There we meet several highland Tamang and Sherpa villages, scattered on both sides of the Malemchi Khola.
This trek is comparatively easier due to the fact that the elevations are lower, ranging between 800m and 3600m, offering the less climbing as well as warmer temperatures. The most important benefit of this trek is that the area is less crowded than in comparison to the Annapurna trek or some parts of the Everest treks. Besides, the trek offers a wide range of Buddhist cultures and spectacular scenery.
- Day 01 :- Sundarijal to Chisopani (2300m) After breakfast drive, about 15km from Kathmandu to the Sundarijal, starting point of the trek. As you reaach Sundarijal, you can observe Shivapuri watershed and Wild life Reserve there. From Sundarijal, the trail heads up to the concrete steps beside the pipeline, which supply drinking water for the valley. Finally, we leave the pipeline near the dam. We then reach Mulkharka, sprawling up the ridge around 1895m, which is 600m above Sundarijal. There you can take some time to spend in the convenient teashops, and to enjoy the nice view back over the Kathmandu valley. We continue our walking to Chisopani (2300m) from where stunning mountains' view can be seen.
- Day 02 :- Chisopani to Khutumsang (2470m) From Chisopani the trail leads down to Pati Bhanjyang (1770m), a small fine village. After reaching Pati Bhanjyang, the trail leads up and down to the village called Gul Bhanjyang (2140m). From here the trails climbs up to 2620m and then again descents along the rocky route to Khutumsang (2470m).
- Day 03 :-Khutumsang to Tharepati (3600m)Following a ridge line, the trail continues via lightly populated forest to Magen Goth from where view of Langtang and Gosaikund peak is stunning and finally reaching to Tharepati (3600m). The trail to Gosaikund branches off north - west from here.
- Day 04 :-Tharepati to Tarke Gyang (2620m)Turning east, the trails rapidly descend down a ravine through small Sherpa village of Malemchigaon (2530m) with nice lodges and fine old and artistic Gompas. The trail again descends leaving the village and crossing Malenchi Khola by a bridge at 1890m and making the long climb up the other side of the valley to Tarke Gyang at 2620m, which is the largest village in Helambu.
- Day 05 :-Tarke Ghyang to Sermathang (2620m)The trails gently descend through a beautiful forest to Sermathang (2620m). It is the centre of an important apple farming area from where nice view of the Himalayas can be seen.
- Day 06 :- Sermathang to Malemchi Pul Bazar (846m) and drive back to Kathmandu as we leave Sermanthang the trails then continues to descent to Dubhachaur at 1500m and then again steeply down to Malemchi (830m) where it meets the road. This village has good connection of teahouses and lodges and all kinds of transportation including buses to get to Panchkhal on the Kodari road. From there, we can catch a bus to Kathmandu (4-5 hours drive by bus).
To quote you with an exact or approximate price, we need the number of persons in your group, the category of hotel, the mode of transportation (by plane or by bus or by jeep etc) & any alternation in your itinerary. Please contact us with these important details first so that we can get back to you on the cost.
- - Airport Pick and Drop.
- - Hotel in Kathmandu according to your requirement.
- - All Necessary Transportation
- - Accommodation in Twin Sharing basis in teahouse/lodge in Trekking
- - Meals, Three times a day (choose able from Menu)
- - Trekking permit.
- - Trekking Guide
- - A Porter for two clients to carry yours backpacks.
- - All staffs with their insurance, meals, salary & accommodation etc.
- - All government tax and services charge
- - Foods in Kathmandu
- - Any activities in Kathmandu
- - Soft and hard Drinks
- - Tipp for staffs
- - Personal & accidental insurance
- - If extra porters requires
- - Personal equipments
- - Any other things not mentioned and any things occur by natural & Political
Highlights of the Trip
- - The land of Sherpa and Tamang
- - Experience unbelievable Tamang, Shrepa, Buddhist and different culture
- - Wonderful panorama views of Mt. Langtang, Mt Manaslu and many more.
- - Beautiful jungle and many different kind of Birds and animals
- - Easy and short destination north from the capital city of Nepal