Tibet overland tour 8 days / 7 nights
Tibet is indeed a very rich and beautiful land, located on the highest plateau on Earth at an average altitude over 4000 meter. It is nowadays the South west frontier of China. Aptly called the Root of the World. Let the age old Tibetan myths & mysteries cast an enchanted spell that holds a visitor in thrill and excitement.
This is 8 day overland adventure in Tibet with one way Trans Himalayan breathtaking flight. This tour is for those who love to Himalayas and high altitude lands. Anyone who is seeking for adventure can take this tour package and fulfill their adventure fetish. The tour includes loads of driving in the high altitude lands and can really answer the curious questions about the Tibet and its high Plateaus.
The first part of the tour offers fascinating views of the incredible formation of the highest plateau of the world with awesomely beautiful rocks, cascades and canyons slightly hidden in the flying mists amidst the mighty presence of MT XISHAPAGMA (8,212 m) and the 2nd part brings you so close to the Shangri-La of Tibet making you feel yourself as being part of a unique culture, a rich tapestry woven with legends, myths, rituals and festivals. The last part takes you over the majestic Himalayas offering you the long cherished breathtaking view of the Himalayan range including MT EVEREST (8,848m) by an hour long Trans – Himalayan flight on your way back from LHASA to KATHMANDU. Most interesting, this tour offers a lifetime opportunity to admire and compare the magnificence of the lofty Himalayas from three dimensions – from south, north & sky. Your memories of holiday in TIBET is enriched by the lingering impression of the most lavishly decorated huge monasteries & temples, saffron colored monks, ever smiling people & their typical lifestyle and above all , the challenging Himalayas.
- Day 01 KATHMANDU – NYALAM We start our tour with an early morning drive to Kodari, the Nepali border post. Weather permitting there will be fine views of Langtang, Gauri Shanker, Melungtse and Khumbu Himal ranges. Depending on the road situation we walk or drive up to Zhang Mu where we clear Chinese immigration. After the formalities we continue our journey through a beautiful gorge to Nyalam crossing the Himalayan range. Altitude 3800 m., over night in hotel
- Day 02 NYALAM – LHATSE Our first stop on the Tibetan plateau will be on the 5200 m. high Lalung la pass from where we have a breathtaking view of the Himalayan range and Shisabangma, the highest peak in Tibet. While having lunch in Lao Tingri, the peaks of Mt. Everest (Qomolongma in Tibetan) and Cho Oyu can be seen. This day our journey is long but the spectacular Tibetan plateau will make you forget time. Altitude 4000 m., over night in hotel
- Day 03 LHATSE – SHIGATSE A four hour drive brings us to Tibet's second largest city, Shigatse. Here we visit Tashilumpo monastery, the seat of the Panchen Lama, hence one of the most important monasteries in Tibet.Altitude 3800 m. over night in hotel
- Day 04 SHIGATSE - GYANTSE After a stroll through the old city we depart for the two and a half hour drive to Gyantse. While approaching the small farming town we can clearly see the old fort that was captured by Younghusband during his 1904 raid into Tibet. Here the main attraction is the Kumbum monastery with its extraordinary architecture.Altitude 3900 m. over night in hotel
- Day 05 GYANTSE – LHASA This will be a long drive but on the way we cross the Karo la with the beautiful glacier, we see Yamdrok tso which is named the Turquoise Lake and cross the Kamba la from where we descend to the main road which brings us all the way to Lhasa. Altitude 3650 m. over night in hotel
- Day 06/07 SIGHTSEEING During these two days in Lhasa we visit the Potala palace, Drepung and Sera monasteries and of course the famous Jokhang temple including the surrounding Barkhor. Over night in hotel
- Day 08 FLIGHT LHASA – KATHMANDU We have to get up very early for our transfer to Gonggar airport to catch the flight back to Kathmandu. This flight is one of the most spectacular in the world with aerial views of the Himalayan range including Mt. Everest.
Cost Detail To quote you with an exact or approximate price, we need the number of persons in your group, the category of hotel, the mode of transportation (by plane or by bus or by jeep etc) & any alternation in your itinerary. Please contact us with these important details first so that we can get back to you on the cost.
- Hotel, arrival/departure transfer
- All necessary Tibet travel permits
- Tibet Travel permit
- Kathmandu - Tibet boarder transportation by comfortable vehicle
- Tibet Overland Transfer by Private Land Cruiser (4WD Toyota)
- Accommodation in Tibet on twin sharing basis
- Daily Breakfast
- English speaking Tibetan guide
- All fees for sightseeing and Monasteries as outlined in the itinerary Flight Ticket
- Accommodation and any services in Kathmandu
- Chinese visa fee, Travel insurance
- Meals other than breakfast in Tibet
- Extra expenses if incase political and natural problem
- Tips for guides and driver
- Nepal visa fee
- Airport tax at Kathmandu airport